You landed here because you got a question to be answered. The question would be on how much do plumbers make an hour with their services offered to their customers? Whether you are about to get into the plumbing business or looking for a plumbing apprenticeship, or you might be a long time certified plumber, knowing how much your competition charge is a good thing that could help you decide on your approximate quotes. We are here to provide you with a detailed answer on how much do plumbers make per hour.
So… How much do plumbers make an hour?
The rate per hour depends on many things, such as the state that you need plumbing work done, service call charges, their skills and training, and the type of job that a plumber needs to do. That said, the average rate that plumbers make an hour would be about $20 to $60 across the United States based on 2019 statistics. It highly depends whether you call a handyman or a certified plumber, including the state that you need plumbing work done. Do note that this does not cover the traveling and call service costs. How much 2020 will bring we won’t know, but it’s sure to take a hit just like the pandemic has.
Why do Plumbers Charge “BIG” amounts of money per hour?
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that plumbers charge hefty amounts per hour for their services, and here is why. Plumbing hourly rates don’t cover only their wages; it also includes insurance and maintenance of their equipment and vehicle, including any union dues. It’s why you can quickly expect a certified plumber to charge you about $80 to even up to $200 per hour.
How much do plumbers charge for their professional plumbing services?
Wondering how much the plumber you are about to call will quote you for the job that needs fixing? Knowing how much other certified plumbers charge could help you decide on whether you will let the plumber fix everything or do some specific things yourself because the money might be an issue. We’ve asked certified plumbers around to gather some data on how much certain plumbing fixtures costs. Have a look at the list below to find out what the most common project costs are.
- Fixing a Leak: $100-$700
- Water Main Repair Fees: $350 to $1,200
- Water Main Installation: $500-$2,500
- New Plumbing Pipes Installation: $300-$1,800
- Water Heater Installation Costs: $800-$1,500
- Price of Unclogging a Drain: $125-$300
- Drain Line Repair: $350-$1,000
- Sewer Line Cleaning: $200-$450
- Sewer Main Installation: $1,500-$4,500
- Fix a Toilet: $100-$300
- Faucet Installation: $175-$350
- Shower Installation: $1,000-$5,500
- Bathtub Installation: $900-$5,000
- Sewer Main Line Repair: $1,000-$3,500
- Sewer Camera Inspection: $300-$500
- Septic Tank Repair Costs: $600-$2,500
- Sump Pump Installation: $650-$1,800
- Sump Pump Repair: $300-$700
- Well Pump Repair: $350-$1,350
- Septic Tank Cleaning: $300-$500
- Gas Lines Installation and Repair: $250-$750
- Install Water Purification System: $850-$2,650
- Water Heater Repair: $200-$900
- Tankless Water Heater Costs: $1,000-$2,800
- Replumbing a house: $4,000-$10,500
Do note that this list is just our researched estimated prices of these plumbing services. It is always best to contact your certified plumber and ask them directly about the costs of problem inspection and fixing the plumbing problem.
How much do you pay your plumber for the services offered? Comment down below and let others know where and how much plumbing services cost and help them prepare for a plumbing inspection.